Graduate: Application Process
Application to the Patty Hanks Shelton School of Nursing is a dual application process. Applicants will complete two applications.
Students must first complete an application to the Graduate Program of the School of Nursing using the Nursing Centralized Application Service (NursingCAS) and second, complete an application to their choice of the parent universities (Hardin-Simmons University or McMurry University)
NURSINGCAS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
1.Create an account on the NursingCAS website: http://www.nursingcas.org
- Three (3) professional references from supervisors having knowledge of your clinical skills, work ethic and style, and/or professors attesting to your academic achievements and potential success in a graduate nursing program.
- Official Transcripts of all University level work to NursingCAS.
- Licensure to practice as an RN in Texas and in good standing with the Board of Nurse Examiners. (Unencumbered license)
- The following forms are also required and should be uploaded under the Documents section in NursingCAS:
- PHSSN Health Form /Proof of Current Immunization Status
- Completion of Personal Statement
- Verification of Licensure
- Proof of ACLS Provider Certification (FNP option only)
- Proof of Health Insurance Coverage
PARENT UNIVERSITY APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Complete graduate application form to the specific Parent University. (Official Transcripts will also be required for the parent university separate from the NursingCAS transcripts.)Apply Now